Tuesday, October 27, 2009

How to Spend $289 at Walmart

Unfortunately, no major electronics or winter coats were involved. Instead it was primarily food. But food for four kids, including three teenaged boys.

It was the new Walmart in Apex, North Carolina, and although I loathe the Walmart closest to my house, I decided to give this new one a try.

Why do I despise my local Walmart? Could it be the dingy floors, greasy smell, disgusting restrooms or uninterested employees? Yes, yes it could.

But I'm a sucker for shopping and I don't mind if my favorite discount store, Target, has a little competition. Especially if it benefits me.

So I went to Walmart and I stocked up. I bougbt enough frozen pizzas to keep my kids happy for at least a week. I found my fav hot dogs for at least $1 less than my regular grocery store. Soups, snacks, fruits, vegetables, meats and drinks--oh my.I stocked up, taking full advantage of the store's grand opening prices.
Even the Walmart employees were visible, plentiful and pretty friendly.

Has my mind changed completely about the Walmart shopping experience? Nope. But I'm willing to go back for the prices-- at least until the newness wears off, and this store develops the typical Walmart persona. We'll have to see.

Which camp do you fall in? Do you love or hate Walmart?

No comments:

Post a Comment